So you’re working on your blog, and carefully planning and managing your content with a blog calendar. Likewise, you’re continually fine-tuning your email marketing strategy to assess what’s working and what’s not. And why? To achieve your health club’s overall marketing goal: to generate and grow your gym’s memberships.
But you may be wondering, “What comes next?” The answer may just be: premium content. Generally speaking, when people hear the words “premium content” it can imply it’s something you pay for in order to have access to the resource. This is not the case.
Premium content, also referred to as digital content, is something on your website that has a perceived high value by your customers and prospects.
In fact, it’s so valuable that your website visitors are willing to give you their contact information in exchange for downloading it. Think of it this way: you’re providing a resource that’s so compelling and unique that it’s prompting your target audience to reach out and connect with you. Now that’s a huge win!
Here are some examples of premium content:
What do these look like for your health club specifically? Here are two high-value examples you could include in your health club’s marketing strategy:
- A 7-day clean eating guide that covers the benefits of clean eating, healthy recipes, meal plans, sample grocery lists, food prep tips and more. We like this sample Healthy Clean Eating Guide.
- A 28-day fitness challenge that includes fitness benefits, recommended exercises, an easy to follow schedule, nutrition tips, and more. Here’s an example of a step-by-step guide..
Why Premium Content Matters
Premium content accomplishes two important things for your health club: 1) it brings you more leads and 2) helps you close those leads at a faster rate. If that wasn’t convincing enough, here are three more reasons why your premium content matters to your health club’s success:
- The content is educational and motivational for your members and prospects. When done right, the content establishes you as a thought leader in the health and fitness industry. Additionally, you recognize that health and fitness is a lifestyle, but like anything else takes hard work and commitment. Providing motivational quotes and photos serve as a continual source of inspiration.
- Quality content builds trust and authority of your brand to prospects. You’re able to highlight your expertise utilizing current industry trends, but more than that you’re providing a helpful resource that people want. The added bonus is that it’s free!
- Premium content allows your health club to turn a website visitor into a contact that can be followed up with and nurtured over time. This also creates a pipeline of strong leads.
To generate new business from your website, it’s imperative that you provide valuable content and resources that grab prospects in the buying process early on. Premium content will accomplish that for you, as it is the best lead generating material you can have on your website. Looking for some assistance on developing your premium content? Let’s connect; we would love to help!
And now it’s your turn. Tell us: what premium content do you currently offer on your website? What premium content has proved to be the most successful with your members and prospects? Please share below!