Achieving your business goals with travel Facebook marketing isn’t just about coming up with new gimmicks to score likes and shares. It’s also about engaging and inspiring travelers. It’s about giving people the opportunity to run wild with their imaginations as they plan their dream vacation—even if they’re sitting in a cubicle.
5 Brands to Inspire Your Travel Facebook Marketing Strategy
Need some inspiration? Let’s take a peek at 5 destination marketers that are crushing it on Facebook:
1. Visit Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Myrtle Beach, SC is known not only for its gorgeous beaches, but also for the fabulous roundup of entertainment, dining, and activities along the Grand Strand. Here’s how Visit Myrtle Beach, South Carolina engages their 1,737,128 (as of today) fans:
- Video—Their cover photo is a video of beautiful waves rolling in on the beach, and they also use video effectively to showcase things to do and see around town.
- Giveaways and Sweepstakes—The page offers regular opportunities for followers to win fun prizes (like a 4-night paid vacation) by sharing photos of their stay.
- #MyrtleBeachMemoriesMonday—Guests can use this hashtag to share photos every Monday. It’s a great way to encourage engagement from fans while also showcasing the attractions of the area.
- On Page CTA—At the top of the page, the “Book Now” button takes visitors straight to the booking page on the website—no extra steps needed.
2. Visit Lake Tahoe South
Lake Tahoe South’s Facebook page showcases the wide variety of available activities visitors may not know about. With more than 138,000 likes, they’re putting their best foot forward with content like:
- Video—This is another great video header that showcases awesome activities visitors can explore in the area. They also regularly post videos of area attractions in their newsfeed.
- Event and Activity Highlights—The top of the page showcases upcoming events, and regular posts keep visitors up to date on area happenings.
- #TahoeSouth Instagram—The page points visitors to their Instagram feed with posts highlighting their 10 favorite Instagram photos each month.
3. Visit California
Visit California invites visitors to dream big with photos and highlights of unique attractions. Here’s what their 1,691,038 fans get in their newsfeeds:
- Gorgeous photos—Starting with the header and continuing through the newsfeed, this page gives visitors plenty of eye candy to spark the imagination.
- Videos—They also use video effectively to showcase sightseeing attractions, foodie destinations, and activities.
- State Destinations and Events—Follow this page and you’ll never miss out on must-see destinations and events like the Lodi Grape Festival or the infamous Alcatraz.
- #CaliforniaWild—Here’s another excellent use of hashtags to engage the audience. #CaliforniaWild follows four women on their journey through lesser known, but breathtakingly beautiful regions of the state.
4. Visit San Diego
Visit San Diego showcases beautiful photography and plenty of opportunities for their 420,009 fans to interact, with features like:
- Facebook Live videos—This page uses Facebook Live to showcase everything from festivals and events to dogs playing on the beach. It’s a perfect opportunity to invite user interactions and answer questions from viewers.
- User Generated Content—Fans can share their videos and photos on the page or use the hashtag #visitSD to tag content.
- On-Page CTA—This page also makes good use of Facebook’s on-page CTA feature to invite visitors to book their vacation immediately.
5. Go Hawaii
It should be easy to market Hawaii, right? Still, Go Hawaii does a fantastic job of showing off the beauty and seduction of the islands for their 2,308,044 fans.
- Dining Highlights—Mouthwatering images of local fare helps visitors know how to plan their foodie adventures.
- Photos of Scenic Views—Everyone goes to Hawaii for the scenery, and this page doesn’t disappoint. From beautiful beaches to local events, these images will have you packing your suitcase in no time flat.
- #LetHawaiiHappen—Here’s another hashtag that helps visitors find and share content on the page or on their own newsfeeds.
- Things to Do—Hawaii is more than beautiful beaches, and Go Hawaii showcases the breadth of experiences with interactive maps, event features, weekend adventure ideas, and photos of places to visit.
Now It’s Your Turn!
These travel brands are rocking their travel Facebook marketing strategy--now it’s your turn! What ideas or content have you used to draw visitors in and inspire them? Let us know in the comments!